[tlu] What's changed in 1.18b2?

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Jan 29 16:54:29 CET 2014

On Jan 29, 2014, at 07:29 , Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com> wrote:

> Le 29 janv. 2014 à 15:07, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> a écrit :
>
>> Just downloaded and installed TLU 1.18b2 and it seems to be working fine---at least form my non-stressing uses. This had probably been asked before but is there change file that lists what has changed in this version from 1.17?
>
> I had totally missed that version too. In any case, it works properly here (in non-stressing use as well, just for daily TeX Live updates).
>
> There's nothing in the release notes. I imagine so far the only source of info is
>
> https://code.google.com/p/mactlmgr/source/list
>
> Given v1.17 is from October 30, 2013 and v1.18b2 from November 28, I assume changes r1721-r1732 apply.

Yes, that's correct. There are some build system changes to deal with Apple/Xcode changes, a new error logged, and graphics switching is allowed on newer hardware to avoid using the discrete graphics card.

A bunch of those change messages apply to my DataTank Python code, which is stashed in the TLU subversion repository because I'm too lazy to set up a new project.

Adam