[tlu] Yosemite workaround

Maxwell, Adam R Adam.Maxwell at pnnl.gov
Wed Aug 6 21:52:16 CEST 2014

On Aug 6, 2014, at 12:40, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at icloud.com>
 wrote:

> PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/koch/Library/TeX/LocalTeX/texbin
> USER=koch
> PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
> LOGNAME=koch

This doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me, as the output here is the result of calling /usr/bin/env and then sorting the lines. I've never seen duplicate variables coming out of env, and have no idea how this happens.

If it's using an abbreviated $PATH, that's obviously the problem here, but how can the environment have two variables with the same name?!?

Anyway, I'm seeing the same duplicate variable mess here in a Yosemite running under VMWare, so I'll try and figure out what's going on.

thanks,
Adam