[tlu] TeX Live Utility: Listing Failed

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Sep 19 16:36:31 CEST 2013

On Sep 19, 2013, at 03:22 , Marek Stepanek <mstep at podiuminternational.org> wrote:

> Starting the TeXLiveUtility failed with the message "Listing failed".

There was recently a bad update to TeX Live that caused this problem.
If you choose "Reinstall TeX Live Manager" from the Actions menu,
then refresh the listing, things should work fine.

> Then I tried a reinstall the TL-Manager over the menu, which failed. The
> log says

It appears to have timed out; I suggest trying a different repository.

> (I am unable to find this log with Console.app Where I can find
> it, please?):

~/Library/Application Support/TeX Live Utility

It's a property list file, so hard to read.

> But the md5 checksum does not correspond:
>
> This page is claiming, that this Texlive tar.gz file has the checksum of
>
> 	f11c050b73edc85d91a7ebc9508a79a56450b684
>
> but my check gives (% md5 TeX\ Live\ Utility.app-1.13.tar.gz)
>
> 	73acb05920240587d940fc992d2143a8

No idea why this isn't working as you expect. However, the application
is codesigned, and (in theory) won't run if it's been modified or is
corrupt.

Adam