[tldoc] Request for uninstallation guide

Cyrus Yip Cyrusyip.github at outlook.com
Thu Apr 29 01:48:08 CEST 2021

Hi, TeX Live maintainers. I am Cyrus Yip. I tried to migrate from TeX
Live to TinyTeX, but there is no uninstallation guide for Linux users on
the documentation
<https://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html>. I hope
there will be uninstallation guide for users. Here is an incomplete list
of methods of uninstallation that I wrote. You can add it to the
documentation if it is helpful.

 1.

    If TeX Live is installed from package manager, uninstall it via
    package manager
    <https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/95483/how-to-remove-everything-related-to-tex-live-for-fresh-install-on-ubuntu>.

 2.

    If TeX Live is installed from its installer:

     1.

        Undo post-install actions
        <https://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/texlive-en/texlive-en.html#x1-290003.4>

     2.

        Remove TeX Live

        # check where TeX Live was installed

                       kpsewhich -var-value=TEXMFROOT

                       # remove symlinks

                       sudo tlmgr path remove

                       # or use this, change the path of tlmgr accordingly

                       sudo /usr/local/texlive/2021/bin/x86_64-linux/tlmgr path remove

                       # remove TeX Live

                       sudo rm -rI /usr/local/texlive

                       sudo rm -rI /usr/share/texmf