[tldoc] http vs https text string links on the manual

Carlos linguafalsa at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 20:20:34 CET 2020

I'm just wondering if all hyperlinks instances of pdftex on the manual
shouldn't have say https://tug.org/applications/pdftex rather than
http://pdftex.org

I guess I get the part about  the mirrors of ctan not having https in them,
since we wouldn't have a clue what that specific mirror redirects at a
given time. but I can't understand why the pdftex.org redirect needs to be
there in the first place..

Is it easy to remember pdftex.org? Maybe, but it's still a redirect that
will point to an http instead of https from tug's end.