[tldoc] TL20 and top-level README

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Feb 28 23:54:39 CET 2020

Hi Denis,

    If I'm right, this opened paragraph isn't closed.

You're right. But it's intentional. If you look further, you'll see that
none of the paragraphs have their </p> :). No </li>'s either. Etc.

For hand-maintained HTML, which this is, I personally don't care to
spend my time closing tags when it makes no practical difference, which
it doesn't. They make the source much less maintainable, and I have
better things to spend my time on than kowtow to their standards.

I realize this flies in the face of all kinds of current trends, but I
just don't care, I'm too old to change :). Sorry. --best, karl.

P.S. I think I have the new TL Guide (texlive-en.tex) ready to pass on
to everyone as soon as we start the pretest, which should be early next
week, if all goes ok.