[tldoc] Updated Russian translation for tl utils

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sat Mar 16 10:35:46 CET 2019

On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 03:36:18PM -0600, Karl Berry wrote:
>     Ok, attached to the message.
>
> Thanks, updated.
>
>     Then something fishy is going on there. According to SVN WEB interface,
>     namely
>     https://www.tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/tlpkg/translations/
>     some po files are not updated 9 days (the "author" is preining).
>
> Sigh. I should have said the po files are updated when there are changes
> to the source strings.
>
> Siep, I guess I misunderstood. I thought you had made changes to some
> of the strings to be translated? -k

Only as part of the usual source code changes, the last of which was
on march 13, when install-tl-gui.tcl got a new string "Loading from
%s". This made it to messages.pot but not to e.g. nl.po.

As to tlpg/bin/tl-update-messages: when I localized the tcl GUIs, I
added the tcl sources to the files to be scanned.

I originally also added a .po => .msg conversion step. This involved
no changes to the .po- and .pot files. Later, after I wrote my own
translation function, I could scratch this conversion step.

--
Siep Kroonenberg