[tldoc] Russian translation (texlive-ru)

Nikola Lečić nikola.lecic at anthesphoria.net
Sun Apr 2 12:54:50 CEST 2017

Reinhard, thank you very much for all the info and your time! I'll
incorporate all your corrections into TL2017 docs. Just a few comments.

On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 23:58:25 +0100
  in <22741.42129.793793.295771 at zaphod.ms25.net>,
     <22740.28141.113865.363742 at zaphod.ms25.net>
  Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

>   Петер Брајтенлонер [Peter Breitenlohner]
>
> This is definitely a great idea.

This is how foreign names should be written according to the official
orthography in Serbian. And it have ~100 pages about recommended
transcriptions of foreign names.

[...]
> Similarly, the name of Hans Hagen is correct in the Serbian
> translation (Ханс Хахен) but the Russian translation looks wrong
> (Ханс Хаген), at least if we prefer transcriptions.

In Serbian, according to official orthography, the pronouncement is
always a priority (with very few exceptions, where there is a wrong,
but old and very widespread form, such as Распућин [correct:
Распутин]).

In Russian they don't seem to have a correct pronunciation as a
priority: Гегель (and not Хэгэл or at least Хегел), Гуссерль
(not Хуссэрл/Хуссерл...), Гейзенберг (not Хайзенберг), Ганс (not Ханс),
Кентуки (not Кэнтаки)...

> As far as Dutch is concerned, at TUG-2005 I've seen that Gerben was on
> the list of particpants but I didn't know him.  So I asked Hans Hagen
> "Who is Гербен?  Hans pointed to him and said "This is Хербен".

:)

Best,
--
Nikola Lečić = Никола Лечић
fingerprint : FEF3 66AF C90E EDC3 D878  7CDC 956D F4AB A377 1C9B