[tldistro] TexLive on MSYS2

Naveen M K naveen at syrusdark.website
Mon Apr 26 07:31:16 CEST 2021

Hi Norbert,

> No idea, sorry. There should be
> 	mflua-nowin.exe
> at least it is available in our repo in Master/bin/win32/. So not sure
> what might be the reason.

It's there, but running that say's

	mflua-nowin:./.libs/lt-call_mflua.c:236: FATAL: couldn't find mflua-nowin.

I have no idea what is happening. Maybe I will have a look at it later
if it's a problem.

>> I ignored that problem and then went on testing and the good news is it is
>> working. I tested with some sample documents and it produced outputs without
>> any error's.
>
> Well, you can always disable the failing format.

Yeah, I have removed that failing format.

> Not really by now, but we hope that we can organize some test suite in
> the future.

It would be really nice to have one!

Also, another problem I found was that `ffi` module in `texlua.exe` was
causing a crash(Segmentation Fault) on i686 mingw32. That made the
`runscript.exe` in turn to SegFault. What I did was to change `texlua`
to `texluajit` where things seem to work but it is only a temporary fix.
See this patch[0]. Where can I report this problem?

[0]:
https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/blob/3e2204b3fa18cd967b7aa616dfef9e2d89efb1ca/mingw-w64-texlive-bin/0002-fix-lauchers-mingw32.patch

Regards,
Naveen