[tldistro] TexLive on MSYS2

Naveen M K naveen at syrusdark.website
Fri Apr 23 11:33:27 CEST 2021

Hi,

>>> 	language.def
>>> 	language.dat.lua
>>> 	language.dat
>>
>> No. Those are all the defaults.
>
> Not good.

Looks like Archlinux maintainers don't do so.

	   cp -a "$pkgdir"/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/config/language.dat \
    	  "$pkgdir"/etc/texmf/tex/generic/config/
    	  cp -a
"$pkgdir"/usr/share/texmf-dist/tex/generic/config/language.def \
    	  "$pkgdir"/etc/texmf/tex/generic/config/

 From
https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/blob/packages/texlive-core/trunk/PKGBUILD#L132-L135

I was in the impression that copying that should be working, but no it
didn't. Their source archive seems to include `hyphen-afrikaans` so they
may not have that problem.

Now, what I should do is similar to `*.fmts` and `*.maps`, I should
create one `<package-name>.def` and `<package-name>.dat` while building
the source archive and then save it in
`"$pkgdir"/var/lib/texmf/msys2/installedpkgs/<package-name>.*`, and fix
the fmtutil hook to create `language.*` similar to how `fmtutil.cnf` are
created from `*.fmts`, and finally run `fmtutil-sys`.

> The generated files that need to be adjusted to the packages actually
> installed are
>
> 	updmap.cfg	tlpdb execute addMap, addMixedMap, addKanjiMap
> 	fmtutil.cnf	tlpdb execute addFormat
> 	language.*	tlpdb execute addHyphen

First two are already done. And for the last one I should parse `execute
AddHyphen` from `texlive.tlpdb`. I think it should be so hard to
actually, let me see.

> Probably easier to look into the three files, understand the format, and
> write the code in Python yourself.

Yes, I am going to do that :).

> Well, yes, by tlmgr. But you have to do this as distribuor in a
> different way since tlmgr is not called.

Yes, this is done already.

> Yes, that should happen also for the above language.* files.

:+1:

> Yes, hooks for the languages files needs to be created.

I plan to mix it with the hook for `fmtutil`.

Regards,

Naveen