[tldistro] openindiana package install-texlive

stes@PANDORA.BE stes at telenet.be
Wed Feb 3 11:22:05 CET 2021

----- Op 3 feb 2021 om 4:46 schreef Norbert Preining norbert at preining.info:

> Hi
>
>> I've renamed the package to "install-texlive"
>
> Maybe
>	texlive-installer
> would be better and easier to find?

Yes I agree.  I'll change it to texlive-installer and install into /usr/share/texlive-installer/install-tl

>> I've set the version to 57337, although that I'm not sure they accept single
>> digit version.
>
> Well, if they don't that would be strange.

I haven't find other packages with a single number as a version in the OpenIndiana repository.

Most packages have versions like 2.5.4 or 1.0.5 etc.

There are a few (not many) packages with two numbers such as 1.1

http://pkg.openindiana.org/hipster/en/search.shtml?token=xauth&action=Search

xauth version 1.1 is an example.

So it is possible that my package is accepted, but it may be a reason to reject it of course.

I don't know.   It's understandable from their side that they reject a package which is not adhering
to the common use of a 3 number version like 1.0.x.

Possibly the package is rejected, but that's not a big deal,
as it is of course always possible to just download the install-tl script from tug.org and run it ...
(without a special package for it).

Anyway,  so far my tests with "TLMGR" and "install-tl" work fine,
I like this software, it is a nice cross-platform excellent solution to manage the TeX Live installation.

Regards,
David Stes