[tldistro] openindiana package install-texlive

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Feb 3 00:14:03 CET 2021

Hi David,

    Is there any objection from your side please against the above or
    does this seems reasonable and OK for you ?

I see nothing against it, but it's entirely your decision about what to
do :).

If x.y.z form is required by OpenIndiana, I suppose you could trivially
transform our date into a version number like 2021.02.02.

As written before, we won't be changing our tarball to use an explicit
version in the name. However, I guess it would be easy enough to only
update the tarball when there is a change in the contents, instead of
unconditionally every day. I'll work on that when I have a chance, but
it won't be especially soon. If you want that now, you could just easily
do the "tar diff" on your side. --best, karl.