[tldistro] missing texhash

Marc Krämer mokraemer at gmx.de
Thu May 14 16:34:53 CEST 2020

Hi Norbert,
> Hi Marc,
>
>> thanks for those links. I've added them.
>
> So you did *not* have them before I deduce, correct?
not all of them.

>> For most packages we follow the configure, make, make-install rule;
>> maybe
>> do some cleanup, moving files,... and package the installed files.
>
> That is anyway not enough, nothing will work with that. Have you
> **ever** tried your installation to actually typeset a document?
For sure. I've written my masters thesis with this installation ;)

> The files installed via the source tarball (the Build/source directory
> in svn) are only creating the files in bin/$ARCH, but without a lot of
> files from the Master/temxf-dist tree nothing will work.
yeah, they are installed seperately via a subpackage.

>> So if there is some rule/script like that, it would make things much
>> easier :)
>
> I have packaged and maintained TeX Live in Debian since 15 years.
> Others have done the same for SUSE, RedHat/Fedore and several other
> distributions, see https://www.tug.org/texlive/distro.html

And we are doing the same; if you like, you can add mageia
(https://www.mageia.org/) and me as maintainer. But I did not import this
package. I'm taking care of the updates so far.
And we use a kind of mixed-mode: splitting some fonts, basic usage
packages and advanced packages.

But as stated, by using the source packages, we don't get the symlinks
created via an installer script...
How do you manage this in debian?

> I also gave a talk about packaging TeX Live:
> TUG 2013:
> 	https://tug.org/tug2013/slides/tug2013-distributing.pdf
> FOSDEM 2013 video:
> 	https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5XAqAWtkMo