[tldistro] bash issue (was: TeXLive 2009 Building problem)

Frank Küster frank at kuesterei.ch
Thu Dec 10 10:22:23 CET 2009

karl at freefriends.org (Karl Berry) wrote:

>     > Is /bin/sh = bash? If not you have to change a setting (forgotten which)
>     > that bash is used.
>
> As far as I know, it should not be necessary to have bash to configure TL.

Yes and no; there's a bug somewhere in the libtool scripts that causes
problems.  If /bin/bash is present, but /bin/sh points elsewhere and the
configure script is run with this other shell, at some deeper level it
is again assumed that /bin/sh is bash, and the libtool script uses
bashisms.

If you like, I can look up the discussion in the Debian archives.

Regards, Frank
--
Dr. Frank Küster
Debian Developer (TeXLive)