[tldistro] TeXLive 2009 Building problem

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Dec 10 00:12:09 CET 2009

    > Is /bin/sh = bash? If not you have to change a setting (forgotten which)
    > that bash is used.

As far as I know, it should not be necessary to have bash to configure TL.

    I'm able to finish build afrer remove the target 'sedscipt' from
    Makefile.in from /kpathsea/man and /web2c/man/ and all  'echo s%...'
    replace it with one 'touch sedscipt'.

Sorry, but no one else can debug your system's sed.  All I can suggest
is to extract the sed command that fails into a standalone script, cut
it down until you find the part that fails, and then maybe we can find
some workaround.

And what sed do you have?  I assume some version of GNU sed.  I'm
surprised that there is a problem; perhaps it was a bug in some
particular release.  If you have any way to update your sed, that might
be worth a try.

Best,
Karl