[tlbuild] ti-install restore period

Carlos linguafalsa at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 14:04:15 CEST 2024

Hello Karl:

I noticed the last message to the list didn't go through

The changes for the trailing period had to be undone. And I'm fine with it. if that's what you want, so be it.

https://tug.org/svn/texlive/trunk/Master/install-tl?revision=70922&view=markup

But my question is what browser am I supposed to use to follow the link in and thus avoid the infamous Not Found
The requested URL was not found on this server.

in all current browsers known to mankind

The TeX Live versions of the local installation
and the repository being accessed are not compatible:
 repository: $texlive_release
Perhaps you need to use a different CTAN mirror?
(For more, see the output of install-tl --help, especially the
 -repository option.  Online via https://tug.org/texlive/doc.)

Is it a text based browser like lynx or elinks or anything else that would allow me to read the page ?

What is it am I supposed to do when I follow the link from the terminal such as foot terminal or alacritty? Append a dot/period at the end so I can avoid the URL not found

If the answer is a no to all these questions, could you add to the documentation something in the lines to advise the user to append a period/dot at the end of the URL? Or copy the link just before but not either on or after the dot/period in question?

But I mean.My gosh. Why does it to have so complicated?