[tlbuild] asy updates needed

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 2 00:15:44 CET 2024

We need to update (or remove) asy on most of the platforms, since
I have no information about Mojca's CI builds, so I have to assume they
will not be revived in time.

The following asy binaries are all stale:

aarch64-linux               (Johannes?)
armhf-linux                 (Simon?)
i386-freebsd amd64-freebsd  (Nikola?)
i386-solaris x86_64-solaris (?)
x86_64-darwinlegacy         (Dick?)

(I wouldn't worry overmuch about the i386 binaries; I'd be amazed if
there are >0 users of those.)

So if anyone can build asy binaries for any of the above, or tell
Norbert what packages to throw into his github machine, that would be
great. For comparison, here's how the package list looks Debian:

     apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends bash gcc g++ make perl \
       libfontconfig-dev libx11-dev libxmu-dev libxaw7-dev build-essential

     apt-get install -y --no-install-recommends build-essential \
       pkg-config libeigen3-dev libreadline-dev \
       libglu1-mesa-dev \
       freeglut3-dev libosmesa6-dev libreadline6-dev zlib1g-dev bison \
       libglm-dev libncurses-dev python3

My attempts so far to write up the rather painful process are still at
https://tug.org/texlive/build.html#asymptote

Thanks,
Karl