[tlbuild] running TL24 pretest on OpenBSD

Robert Alessi alessi at robertalessi.net
Mon Feb 19 07:25:11 CET 2024

Hi Norbert,

On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 01:37:20PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > I would just let everyone know that I am trying to prepare the
> > binaries for TL24 on OpenBSD 7.4.
>
> OpenBSD ... if this is somehow like FreeBSD I can easily add it to the
> github workflow for building binaries. I guess there is a vm action
> available for that.

Does it mean that OpenBSD would be supported as an OS in the next
release of TL?  That would be great!

The thing is as I mentioned initially OpenBSD normally undergoes two
releases a year and chances are the binaries won't work from one to
the other.  This is why I am working at the same time on 7.4 and
-current, which has just been tagged as 7.5-beta, meaning 7.5 might be
out in a month or so.  How would this fit in with TL's annual
production schedule?

> If it is like NetBSD, that is, broken for CI testing, then *I* have no
> idea.

This remains to be seen but I think it is not.

> > 4. I will of course add a script later on so that others can reproduce
> >    the build.
>
> Could you send patches against
> 	https://github.com/TeX-Live/texlive-source/blob/trunk/.github/scripts/build-tl.sh
> that would be great! I am trying to collect there all ways to build
> binaries in an automatic way - as far as possible.

Ok, I'll have a look at it right away.

Thank you,