[tlbuild] NetBSD help ...

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Tue Jan 23 23:05:02 CET 2024

    Or should installing libXaw be enough for building TeX Live xdvik?

libxaw depends on libxt, to my understanding. So far as I can see,
xdvi(k) unconditionally requires -lXt (libXaw is changeable to other
toolkits, though none of the other options are especially useful in our
case, I believe). From common.am:

xdvi_x_libs = $(x_ldflags) $(x_tool_libs) $(x_xmu_lib) -lXt $(X_PRE_LIBS)
xdvi_x_libs += $(x_ext_lib) $(x_xpm_libs) -lX11 $(x_extra_libs)

Gosh, it was a lot of years ago that I wrote the original version of
those lines.

Anyway, we can presumably get netbsd binaries from Mojca's build machine
once it's fully back in action, so I wouldn't spend more time working on
it unless you're desperate for ways to fill your copious free time :). -k