[tlbuild] *BSD help - building TL

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Jan 20 22:44:04 CET 2024

    First find ... we need GNU make and use it ... BSDs ..

Ah yes.

Just for the record, afaik it's only freetype (or some other big
library, can't remember) which requires GNU make. Automake/autoconf and
all the originally-written makefiles go to great lengths to work with
any make and any sh.

Regarding Solaris: see Build/doc/README.solaris.

There is a ./Build invocation for netbsd in source/README, and a note
that freebsd was built on FreebSD 11.4. That's all the info I have :(. -k