[tlbuild] luatex-1.17.0 update

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun May 7 10:39:15 CEST 2023

On Fri, 5 May 2023 at 17:54, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

>     LuaTeX (or rather: the full TL build) for the "CG" platforms can be found here:
>         https://dl.contextgarden.net/build/texlive/branches/branch2023/
>
> Installed all from there.

Thank you very much.

> The amd64-freebsd and i386-freebsd tarballs had updated all binaries. I
> only installed the luatex four, and ignored all the rest.

I'm sorry, I wanted to mention that, but forgot.
I used to run FreeBSD 12.3 on the buildbot worker at the time of the
builds, but it reached end-of-life on the 5th of March 2023, so the
regular (security) update kept complaining and I recently upgraded it
to 12.4.
As far as FreeBSD itself is concerned, it should be relatively
backward-and-forward compatible, so I don't expect any issues. Taking
just lua[*]tex sounds right.

(I'll write back about luametatex separately.)