[tlbuild] LuaMetaTeX for TeX Live

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 16:48:22 CEST 2022

On Sun, 18 Sept 2022 at 22:36, Karl Berry wrote:

>     way: would the best location for the sources then be "texk/luametatex"
>     (which is where lcdf-typetools and alike live)? And if we don't manage
>     to figure it out: just stick with "utils"?
>
> The distinction between utils and texk is that programs in texk use
> kpathsea, and programs in utils do not. Thus lmtx should be in utils.

Thanks, I'll use that one for experiments then.

> P.S. Regarding adding a new normal program or package to the source
> tree, peb and I wrote a lot of information in the tlbuild manual. FYI.

Thank you, https://www.tug.org/texlive/doc/tlbuild.pdf is in fact
pretty helpful.

Today I tried running reautoconf on macOS and it seems to work much
better there.

When I ran it yesterday on Windows, it literally removed all the
options. I thought it was related to a new version of autoconf with
deprecated functions, but now I suspect that it must have to do with
CRLF line endings when the files are checked out on Windows, and
MinGW's autotools are probably not too happy with those. I'll try to
investigate a bit further. If that is in fact the case, we could
probably add a few settings to prevent the files from being checked
out with windows line endings. (But maybe it's something else.)