[tlbuild] dvi test?

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Jan 31 04:51:25 CET 2022

Folks,

I redid my experiment in a better fashion. Instead of bypassing code by immediately returning True,  I just added a TRACE command whenever
the code would have closed the file. This proved that the "close file" command was never called. As John pointed
out in a later message, I probably got crashes because the tests had side effects which my first experiment bypassed.

John was unable to confirm that the smaller test file I created causes crashes. He sent me the source for the version he tested.
Unhappily, it continues to crash for me (and for Bruno). So this discrepency remains unexplained.

Richard Koch