[tlbuild] dvi test?

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at icloud.com
Sun Jan 30 17:55:25 CET 2022

> Le 30 janv. 2022 à 16:31, John Hawkinson <jhawk at alum.mit.edu> a écrit :
>
> Paul Vojta <vojta at math.berkeley.edu> wrote on Sun, 30 Jan 2022
> at 03:16:20 EST in <YfZJVO1JD64FFlmS at math.berkeley.edu>:
>
>> So this leads to the question:  If you add a bunch of verbiage in page 3 and
>> beyond, so that the postamble gets pushed past, say, 04000 * (2 or 4 or 8),
>> then does the bug occur on older Mac systems?
>
> And in both cases, there is no behavioral change.
> They all crash on the newer Mac and they do not crash on the older Mac.

This is what I observe too. I created files

t2a-x2.{tex,dvi} -> postamble after octal position 10000
t2a-x4.{tex,dvi} -> postamble after octal position 20000
t2a-x8.{tex,dvi} -> postamble after octal position 40000

(pasting the last two paragraphs of text as many times as necessary in the .tex file).

Things work exactly as before with these new files: on Big Sur and Monterey, xdvi crashes upon reloading page 1, and on High Sierra it doesn't.

Bruno