[tlbuild] Repeated Mac arm64 crashes of xdvi-xaw with "set_no_char: attempt to set character of unknown font, offset 42"

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Wed Jan 26 04:29:13 CET 2022

Folks,

Two days ago, I reported that I could crash xdvi without using R by scrolling through the page numbers. Karl suggested that I post the dvi.  Then I remembered that dvi files don't contain illustrations. But my document had lots and lots of illustrations, and I suspect they are involved in the crash.

I shut down my computer each evening, and today I could not reproduce the crash, or cause one with R. So I decided my document wasn't of much use.

But tonight I'm taking the lazy way out. I put a zipped copy of the entire source folder on line. The zip file is about 20 megs. It has all the illustrations, the source, the pdf, etc. But it also has Final.dvi, and xdvi will display illustrations using that file.

In case it is useful, you can get it via

https://tug.org/~koch/DiffGeomNotes.zip

Dick Koch