[tlbuild] Broken TL build

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 07:18:28 CET 2022

On Sun, 16 Jan 2022 at 22:49, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

> So, can you just tell me what the errors actually are? Sorry.

I would have copied the error, but the only relevant line I saw was:
    mv: cannot stat '.deps/kps.Tpo': No such file or directory
(Norber already provided a bit more context)

Copying just that line didn't seem like it would provide enough
information to diagnose the problem.

I can explain how to get the logs (admittedly one needs to know where
to click), but in general: is a link like this one clear enough, or is
it still too java-script heavy to be able to extract the contents?
    https://build.contextgarden.net/#/builders/114/builds/136/steps/2/logs/stdio

I linked the whole site partially to see which builders were broken.

What has caught my attention after reading Norbert's email is that
i386 and x86_64 linux weren't broken for me. But on a closer
investigation it looks like the error is random.
i386-linux always worked, x86_64-linux worked in 1 out of 3 attempts,
x86_64-linuxmusl worked in 2 out of 3 attempts, amd64-openbsd6.9
worked in 1 out of 3 attempts (while no other OpenBSD build ever
succeeded: neither the same OS version nor the same architecture)