[tlbuild] Patches for mingw

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Sat Dec 18 22:51:08 CET 2021

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 09:46:05AM -0700, Karl Berry wrote:
> Luigi, Siep, all - I installed the various patches for mingw, except
> the luatex.diff from Siep, which seemed like it had the potential to
> break Luigi's build. Siep, I don't know why you needed it and Luigi
> didn't. Looks like a libtool thing. Can you confer please?

I do not understand what happened, but the luatex stuff now compiles
fine without. My best guess is that it was a snag caused by my
distribution libtool, which was not removed when I installed the
recommended versions of the autotools. But that is pure guesswork.

I also need to look at Naveen's patch for dvisvgm.

> As we know from this year's release, it's important that fmt files be
> sharable.

I am well aware of that.

> So please look into that. There is surely no necessary reason
> why they need to be different on mingw. Points to some portability
> problem in the code -- platform-dependent integers being used somewhere
> in the mingw branches, perhaps.

> By the way, it would help me to have ChangeLog entries included with diffs.
> Otherwise I have to write them. It all takes time ...

Sure.

--
Siep Kroonenberg