[tlbuild] Patches for mingw

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at bitmuis.nl
Tue Dec 14 20:39:36 CET 2021

Attached some patches for win64 compilation.

Current status:

I managed to cross-compile TL for win64, using mingw packages from
my distro (archlinux), and the recommended versions, compiled from
source, of autotools.

Because of some as yet unresolved problems, I omitted synctex,
dvisvgm and xetex from the default set. Hitex did not compile
either.

I did some light testing. Things basically worked, although
[pdf|lua]latex format files were not compatible.

With these same patches I also did a native compile, this time with
the more modern ucrt runtime rather than the classic msvcrt runtime,
with similar results. For more on ucrt, see
https://www.msys2.org/docs/environments/.

--
Siep Kroonenberg