[tlbuild] --enable-hitex trial

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Fri Dec 10 12:13:17 CET 2021

So, I was able to make hitex pass the build. But the header files
hi{basetypes,error,format}.h were missing, for which to obtain I
resorted to

1. download the source tarball from
  https://hint.userweb.mwn.de/hint/hitex.tgz
and copy over the files "basetypes.h" and "error.h" from there into the
TL SVN hitexdir (named "hibasetypes.h"/"hierror.h"), as well as

2. run
  ctangle hiformat.w
to extract hiformat.h (but at the same time overwrite SVN-tracked
hilexer.l and hiparser.y, producing a 2630-lines diff).

The warnings turned out to be fall-out from the missing headers, and are
now gone.
The hitex binaries (hitex, histretch, hishrink) passed both test suite
tests successfully.

Best,
Johannes