[tlbuild] New ICU tests fail on aarch64-linux (on Debian 10)

ttk at t-lab.opal.ne.jp ttk at t-lab.opal.ne.jp
Tue Aug 24 01:39:04 CEST 2021

Hi Johannes, builders,

> Takuji, you are obviously the first person to ask for the further
> proceeding. Given that you didn't modify source code at all in -r60308,
> my guess would be that the troublesome code has come with the 0.58
> release (TL -r60191) two weeks ago?
No. The related code is the ICU library ucol_openRules() in sort.c.
I have not touched the procedures since v0.50 (Jan 2016), TL r39638.
For your reference, XeTeX and bibtexu do not use ucol_openRules().

> You wouldn't have committed the new tests if it not even ran on your
> machine. Let us know if you need assistance with an environment in
> which the bug occurs.
In my environment (64 bit Ubuntu), it works fine.
I have no way to debug.
Because it is obviously platform dependent, I need help by builders of other environments.

Best,
Takuji