[tlbuild] wget in TL now needs https

Henri Menke henri at henrimenke.de
Tue Apr 27 11:54:10 CEST 2021

On 27/04/21, 10:19, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2021 at 09:01, Henri Menke wrote:
> >
> > With a
> > default --no-check-certificates, HTTPS is just worthless and not worth
> > the hassle.
>
> If we don't pass --no-check-certificate, who is going to maintain an
> up-to-date database of valid certificates for TeX Live?

Uhm, by doing what literally every Linux distribution does, which is
using the Mozilla certificate bundle?

Here are the Debian source files:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ca-certificates/-/tree/master/mozilla
Running certdata2pem.py will produce one file for each certificate but
you can also just concatenate them all into one file.

Other source which do the same but slightly different:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/ca-certificates/tree/rawhide
https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages/blob/packages/nss/trunk/PKGBUILD
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/blob/master/pkgs/data/misc/cacert/default.nix
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/openSUSE:Factory/ca-certificates-mozilla