[tlbuild] Broken tests for mendexk on arm

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Wed Mar 24 23:37:25 CET 2021

Am Wed, 24 Mar 2021 11:25:02 -0600
schrieb Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>:

> Johannes: For CI purposes, how about adding --disable-mendexk
> --disable-upmendexk to the invocation on the failing platforms?

For the few (if any) rebuilds for TL2021, manually checking/ignoring
failed test is totally doable. The bug is not a regression. I just
don't want to automate ignoring warnings (-:

> Since it may be some time until "someone" (anyone out there?) can
> debug, or give me access to a machine where it fails (and I have time
> to look at it).

I got somewhat hooked by this. “Can [debug]” in the sense of “have a
look”, yes. “Can” in the sense of “I know what I'm doing” – not so sure.
(I'd be lost at the latest if upmendex should be tested with real-world
Japanese.)

> Norbert, maybe you have such a machine in the Debian world and I can
> foist this off onto you :)?

Actually I already had the idea to file a bug report against the Debian
texlive-binaries package (since the Debian binaries are affected too).
That might have the side advantage of visibility with (slightly) less
seasonal activity than this list here.