[tlbuild] icu-68.2 -> test

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Mon Mar 1 11:52:34 CET 2021

Am Tue, 16 Feb 2021 16:30:49 +0000
schrieb Simon Dales <simon at getthingsfixed.co.uk>:

> (But most likely cos Johannas, Norbert and I are in Debian-land).

Good point! I just bothered my lil' SBC with OpenSuSE Leap 15.2 AArch64.
The binaries (as I built them on Debian) work as-is from Master/bin/ as
well as from a tlmgr pretest installation, as does the TL test suite
(via `make check` in Build/source/Work as left by the build on Debian).
Full build works on SuSE too, and its binaries do their job back on
Debian as well.

So even though “Debian-land” happens to be my/our main platform, the
environments of “Federal Republic of RPM” appear sufficiently similar
to confirm portability (and for me to run out of ideas how to test it).

Best,
Johannes