[tlbuild] MFLua 1.0.0-alpha fails

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 11:51:47 CET 2021

On Mon, 11 Jan 2021 at 09:17, luigi scarso <luigi.scarso at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have seen that MFLua fails to compile with
>
> 'for' loop initial declarations are only allowed in C99 or C11 mode
>
> due the new otfcc lib (it works locally with  gcc-9  and mingw 7.3)

Note that all that's needed is to supply proper compiler flags. On the
machine where this failed to build I can compile the code as long as I
use -std=c99.

$ gcc a.c -o a
a.c: In function ‘main’:
a.c:3:2: error: ‘for’ loop initial declarations are only allowed in
C99 or C11 mode
for (int i = 0; i < 10; i++);
^
a.c:3:2: note: use option -std=c99, -std=gnu99, -std=c11 or -std=gnu11
to compile your code

$ gcc -std=c99 a.c -o a
$ gcc --version
gcc (Debian 4.9.2-10+deb8u2) 4.9.2