[tlbuild] Test failures for dvipdmfx on OpenBSD

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Jan 4 01:02:38 CET 2021

    test with this non-deterministic behaviour

How painful.

Maybe it's a memory problem? Can you run ulimit to increase limits in
the vm? I admit I'm not sure how best to detect such thing.

Maybe it's a compiler optimization problem? Could try turning that off,
if it's enabled.

Maybe you can get an actual core file out of it? Or some other way to
get a backtrace so there is some way to see where it's actually
crashing, when it does crash?

Maybe change the test to run valgrind dvipdfmx ..., and valgrind would
give us more clues about the crash?

Those are the ideas that come to mind. Maybe Akira or Shunsaku or
someone else here will know better.

    http://tug.org/svn/texlive?view=revision&revision=57148

As you more or less surmise, it seems impossible that my ten-character
text-only change to a string has anything to do with the crash. -k