[tlbuild] aarch64-linux

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 20:04:57 CET 2021

Hi,

I took a closer look and it seems to fail due to

configure:5983: checking for FT_Init_FreeType
configure:5983: gcc -o conftest -g -O2
-I/path/to/Work/libs/freetype2/freetype2
-I/path/to/Work/libs/libpng/include -I/path/to/Work/libs/zlib/include
 conftest.c /path/to/Work/libs/freetype2/libfreetype.a
/path/to/Work/libs/libpng/libpng.a /path/to/Work/libs/zlib/libz.a -lm
>&5
/usr/bin/ld: /path/to/Work/libs/freetype2/libfreetype.a(sfnt.o): in
function `woff2_decompress':
/path/to/libs/freetype2/freetype-src/src/sfnt/sfwoff2.c:327: undefined
reference to `BrotliDecoderDecompress'

Inside
    Work/libs/freetype2/ft-build/config.log
I see the following:

Library configuration:
external zlib: no
bzip2: no
libpng: no
harfbuzz: no
brotli: yes (pkg-config)

I suspect that TL uses freetype's pkg-config from the system rather
than the local one, so maybe if the system has support for brotli, the
static builds inside TeX Live may experience issues as there is no
brotli library inside the TL tree. Maybe removing brotli support from
the system library would solve the build issue.

But that's all pure speculation.

(Strange enough the builds worked until some SD card issue after which
Hans reinstalled Ubuntu on a fresh card, and now it's failing.)