[tlbuild] Failure to build mpfr from TL: 'gmp.h' file not found

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:09:55 CEST 2020

Dear Akira & others,

On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 at 23:23, Akira Kakuto wrote:

> > The file gmp.h is present under
> >    /path/to/texlive/source/Work/libs/gmp/gmp.h
> > but not under gmp/include/gmp.h as the include path suggests.
>
> Usually there are lines like:
> ... ...
> Entering directory '/path/to/texlive/source/Work/libs/gmp/include'
> ln -s ../gmp.h gmp.h
> ... ...
>
> in build messages for gmp.

Strange ... this could have been some random glitch.
I initially lost the connection to the machine while building and
restarted it with "cd Work && make world" after reconnecting.

Some new attempts seem to be successful, so it sounds like it must
have been a false alarm.
(The builds take three hours to complete, so retrying for testing is
not exactly fast.)