[tlbuild] About building TeXLive on MSYS2/MinGW64

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 13:16:15 CET 2020

V ned., 1. mar. 2020 12:01 je oseba Angelo Graziosi
<angelo.g0 at libero.it> napisala:

> Just for completeness, in case someon could be interested.
>
> Out of curiosity, I tried a build on MSYS2/MinGW64 after an rsync of last source, and did ./Build.
>
> It failed after building 105 executable in this way:

> [...]
> ../../../texk/web2c/luatexdir/luasocket/src/inet.h:50:13: error: conflicting types for 'inet_ntop'

This is an annoying one, see
    https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/pull/39

These functions were only introduced in Vista and Win2k8
.
Cross-compiling MinGW on macOS complained in both gcc 7.4 (MinGW 5.0)
and gcc 9.2 (7.0) that inet_pton is missing, but it was only a warning
and the build completed (I'm not sure why).

It's only the native MinGW that errors out if I define the variable
LUASOCKET_INET_PTON since it then apparently sees redefinition of
inet_pton.

It could be that one flavour of MinGW targets older Windows.
I didn't test https://github.com/diegonehab/luasocket/pull/39#issuecomment-18402757,
maybe that could help in some way.

I believe you should be able to get the compilation going if you make
sure that LUASOCKET_INET_PTON doesn't get defined. But once you do
that I'm pretty sure you'll run into troubles with ICU (if you don't,
I would declare it a miracle).