[tlbuild] tl20 pre-pre-builds

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Fri Jan 17 01:08:38 CET 2020

Karl,

I successfully made the pretest build on both Catalina, Apple's latest system, and on High Sierra, the system we will use in 2020 for builds. All tests were passed, and I got 451 binaries.

I also built asymptote on both of these systems. No problems; all tests passed.

Although we built a notarized version of MacTeX-2019 in which all binaries had a hardened runtime, this was never released because Apple did not turn on the notarization requirement in Catalina. However, a few weeks ago Apple wrote developers that this requirement would be activated on Feb 3, 2020. The announcement was somewhat vague and it isn't clear to me that this will affect MacTeX-2019. But today I revised the experimental MacTeX-2019 created several months ago. The new version uses the latest TeX Live files, so it is up to date as of today. It uses the latest Ghostscript 9.50. And the GUI apps include LaTeXiT, because our hardware gift to the author paid off with a fully modern notarized version.

I'll upload this version of MacTeX-2019 to the TUG site and make it available to anyone who wants to test. If the February 3 event pans out and the old MacTeX-2019 no longer works, I'll move this copy to the CTAN release folder and after a couple of days we'll be back in the money with MacTeX.

Thanks for the accelerated schedule this year!

Richard Koch
koch at uoregon.edu