[tlbuild] kpathsea r53235: web2cdir isn't created at install time any longer?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Dec 26 18:29:38 CET 2019

Hi Gabriele,

    apologies if I'm reporting to the wrong list

It's fine, although tex-k at tug.org is probably the best place for
problems not specifically about the native TL build.

         /bin/install -c -m 644 './texmf.cnf' '/opt/stow.d/versions/kpathsea-53235/usr/share/texmf.local/texmf-dist/web2c/texmf.cnf'
        /bin/install: cannot create regular file '/opt/stow.d/versions/kpathsea-53235/usr/share/texmf.local/texmf-dist/web2c/texmf.cnf': No such file or directory

I think I fixed that in r53238.

    I should change my installation script in some way.

Unrelated to creating that directory, if you want the mktex* scripts to
actually work, you'll now need to copy the mktex* files from
Master/texmf-dist/web2c/mktex* to your texmf-dist/web2c/ directory.

The result of make install in TL has never been a usable TeX system (no
macros, fonts, etc.), so presumably you have some method of copying the
needed files from Master/ to your tree, and web2c/mktex* should be added
to that.

    The following works around the build for me:
    --- ./Makefile.in Thu Dec 26 10:41:29 2019

Thanks, but as you probably know, Makefile.am is the source, not
Makefile.in ... --happy hacking, karl.