[tlbuild] TeX Live 2020/dev

Nelson H. F. Beebe beebe at math.utah.edu
Wed Dec 25 00:52:29 CET 2019

Karl comments on the fragment

            2019/bin/amd64-freebsd has biber, getnonfreefonts, ketcindy,
            while 2020/bin/amd64-freebsd130 lacks those three, but has
            luajithbtex.

in the growing Web site at

	http://www.math.utah.edu/pub/texlive-utah-2020/

The table of `missing' executables is generated automatically by a
script that compares contents of the *.tar.xz files in the bin
subdirectory.

I suppose that I could add a filter to remove biber, getnonfreefonts,
and ketcindy from the reports, though I'm disinclined to, because that
would be a lie.  I have a long-standing beef against both Apple macOS
and Microsoft Windows because their so-called file directory viewers
hide certain files, and unless reconfigured, drop file extensions too.

For now, I'm going to concentrate on getting more TeX Live 2020 builds
done.  The above Web site has no external links to it, and thus is
unlikely to be found by search engines.  It will become more
noticeable in a month or two when I change the link from texlive-utah
to point to it.