[tlbuild] more c++ agony, now with harfbuzz

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 11:03:17 CEST 2019

Στις Κυρ, 2 Ιουν 2019 στις 1:20 π.μ., ο/η Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org>
έγραψε:

>     > Harfbuzz 2.5.0 fails to compile with the centos7-provided compiler
>
> For the record, being discussed at
> https://github.com/harfbuzz/harfbuzz/issues/1724.  Other people before
> us reported it. Don't know if a fix will come.  The problematic C++
> feature in question remains obscure to me :(, so I reiterate my plea for
> anyone else to take a look. --thanks, karl.

Hello,

It would be nice to state that this problem exists because you are trying
to compile with gcc 4.8. Of course if this is the default compiler, then
this
is a real problem. BTW,  on OpenIndiana I have compiled the latest
source tree with gcc 6.5.0 and there is absolutely no problem.
A.S.

--
Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, GREECE