[tlbuild] asy2.49 build

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Thu Apr 4 23:57:21 CEST 2019

    (1) For Solaris I successfully built asymptote without OpenGL support

Sure, fine.

    (2) On FreeBSD I have the same issue with GC

Let's not worry about asy on freebsd for the tl release. I'll delete
those binaries.

    (3) I seem to have serious performance issues while compiling on Mac
    OS X 10.6 that haven't been there a few days ago

If you can easily try 10.7, might be worth doing. Just to see.
The configure madness might be different, at least.

(I doubt there are any 10.6 users depending on the TL asy.)

    31564 ttys000    0:00.01 /bin/sh ./configure --enable-texlive-build
    --enable-gsl --enable-fftw CXXFLAGS=-ansi -O3 -isysroot

Since it seems to be hanging in the compiler, my immediate instinct is
to disable optimization. Again, just to see.

Or maybe try --enable-gc=7.6.2?

    So far I seem to be unable to compile on darwinlegacy.

If failure persists, oh well, we'll just remove that binary too.
So it goes. The world will go on.

Thanks for all your efforts. -k