[tlbuild] asymptote for tl19

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 00:57:09 CET 2019

On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 at 22:41, Karl Berry <karl at freefriends.org> wrote:

> Following Mojca's suggestion, I committed asy 2.47 to the TL source tree
> (source/utils/asymptote) so anyone who wishes can try building it.

Thank you very much.

This proved much less troublesome as I expected. Apparently I was
building from the wrong source earlier (which was missing generated
files) and I couldn't get it working at all from there.

With these sources I even got the GUI working (of course only after
installing the required python packages which required some detective
work as well given that some errors were obfuscated by strange error
handling).

I didn't try compiling on Solaris yet.