[tlbuild] Fixes for LuaJIT on OpenBSD/clang

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:46:10 CET 2019

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 5:34 PM Mojca Miklavec <
mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Luigi,
>
> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 17:20, luigi scarso wrote:

> is
> those
> line,

> >> Thanks a lot for the patch.
> >
> > I know that patch, but here you seem to prefer the autotools way
> > https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT/issues/453
>
> I'm slightly confused as to what refers to what here.

"""
Thank you,

gmake CC=clang LDFLAGS="-lc++abi -lpthread"
indeed works. (It would be great if it worked out of the box, but this is
still a lot better than nothing.)
"""
autotool => out of the book

> What do you mean with "I know that patch" and in what relation is the
> GitHub issues?

The issue is that clang (default compiler in openbsd) needs that LDFLAGS
for luajit, gcc no.
I know that LIBLUAJIT_LDEXTRA  can used because I have  done it on my local
openbsd VM

> (The comment on GitHub helped us figure out which flags
> were needed, but didn't say how, when or where to apply them.)
>
> You applied one patch to LuaTeX (which doesn't work when the user
> provides something else than "clang" to CC)

I think we  dont share a fundamental point here: I think we should provide
binaries.
The source is of course  available for all those that want to adapt.
Once we have a "texlive.*build successful" , nothing else to say.

--
luigi