[tlbuild] Fixes for LuaJIT on OpenBSD/clang

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 17:34:35 CET 2019

Dear Luigi,

On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 17:20, luigi scarso wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 5:12 PM Mojca Miklavec wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 at 03:12, Karl Berry wrote:
>> >
>> >             LIBLUAJIT_LDEXTRA="$jitlibs"
>> >
>> > Mojca, I installed your test in Build/source/m4/kpse-luajit-flags.m4,
>> > inside a new case for $build_os ~ openbsd*, except for the above line,
>> > which I changed to
>> >    LUAJIT_LIBS="$LUAJIT_LIBS $jitlibs"
>> >
>> > I'm never sure of anything, but as far as I can see LIBLUAJIT_LDEXTRA is
>> > not used; KPSE_LUAJIT_DEFINES sets up LUAJIT_LDEXTRA (no LIB), but those
>> > are flags that would normally appear at the beginning of the load line,
>> > whereas I think we want these libs to be after the -ltexluajit.
>> >
>> > I have no feasible way to test. Let me know if changes are necessary.
>>
>> Thanks a lot for the patch.
>
> I know that patch, but here you seem to prefer the autotools way
> https://github.com/LuaJIT/LuaJIT/issues/453

I'm slightly confused as to what refers to what here.

What do you mean with "I know that patch" and in what relation is the
GitHub issues? (The comment on GitHub helped us figure out which flags
were needed, but didn't say how, when or where to apply them.)

You applied one patch to LuaTeX (which doesn't work when the user
provides something else than "clang" to CC) and Karl applied a
different one to the TeX Live repository (which works fine to build
the binary, but not for the tests).