[tlbuild] [Dev-luatex] luatex build breaks in current TL

luigi scarso luigi.scarso at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 06:52:33 CEST 2018

Il gio 6 set 2018, 06:30 Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at> ha scritto

> It would be GREAT if we could use the new replacement library *all*over*
> TeX Live and finally eradicate poppler from TL. One of the sources of my
> nightmares it is this poppler.

I think that it's better to keep poppler  in texlive for  the next 2019;
pplib in luatex seems to be faster than poppler, and the size of the binary
is smaller, but we still have some issues with some pdf and I have not
checked it on all platforms . It's better to test it only in luatex for
now, but yes ,as poppler replacement for texlive  it makes sense.