[tlbuild] Can't build latest TeX Live on NetBSD/amd64

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Aug 4 00:06:15 CEST 2018

Hi Marc,

    Since two weeks ago,

According to svn log, the last code change to lcdf-typetools was Feb 22.
So I wonder, did your system change two weeks ago, e.g., new compiler?

  ../../../../../texk/lcdf-typetools/lcdf-typetools-src/libefont/cff.cc:351:58:
  error: '_Static_assert' was not declared in this scope

It appears that something on your system is #defining static_assert to
use _Static_assert, which is undefined. Eddie's code only uses
static_assert, and has a fallback #define for it that does not involve
_Static_assert (see the top of cff.cc). So I don't think the fault lies
with the original code.

Telling your compiler to report everything getting #defined might shed
some light. See the "One tip:" paragraph I wrote on
tug.org/texlive/build.html#implementation for specifics on doing this
with gcc, if you are using gcc.

BTW, it does compile for me with the gcc coming with CentOS7, which
reports itself today as
gcc version 4.8.5 20150623 (Red Hat 4.8.5-28). -k