[tlbuild] PostScript support in dvisvgm for darwin(legacy)

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Mar 18 23:39:28 CET 2018

    -rpath would help for the usual way of linking,

That was the point.

    It's 1,5 MB. Which part exactly sounds horrible?

1) Having to include the sources for that exact binary library file.
2) Making sure the library is found only for the relevant Mac version.
3) Making sure the library is not found if the system has its own libc++.

And even then, I strongly suspect that no matter how hard you work at
it, having the library will fail to help all users who need it, and
conversely will screw up some users who don't need it. That is just life
on the Mac, as I have observed it.

It's a road that's a whole lot simpler to just not go down.  As Dick
wrote. And as you wrote too, in your message to tl, which I'll answer
next. -k