[tlbuild] Unable to compile dvisvgm (linux x86_64, system libs)

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Thu Mar 8 01:51:44 CET 2018

On Wed, Mar 07, 2018 at 11:42:08PM +0000, Karl Berry wrote:
>     So the current source decides to use -ldl instead of -lgs.  Clearly
>     I do have libgs.so, but it is not found when using this approach.
>
> With --enable-native-texlive-build, I explicitly disable linking against
> libgs at build time, because the result is unlikely to run on other
> versions of the same system; libgs has its own set of painful
> dependencies, all of which then get pulled into the binary. Thus libgs
> is always dlloaded for native TL.

Yes, I saw that.  I'm using --disable-native-texlive-build.

> If you're not using --enable-native-texlive-build, then probably
> something in the way I implemented the above is causing the failure to
> find libgs.  Please take a look at dvisvgm/configure.ac, search for "TL:".

Will do, but maybe not for a while.  I'll also mention that I had
tried --without-libgs but that seemed to not make any difference.

> As for the load problem,
>     libdvisvgm.a(Ghostscript.o): In function `Ghostscript::~Ghostscript()':
>     Ghostscript.cpp:(.text+0xd0): undefined reference to `gsapi_exit'
> I just don't know. Sorry.
>
> You might find it easier to work with the upstream dvisvgm and disable
> it as part of TL. (Depending on how you handle kpathsea in LFS, I guess.)
>
> Sorry I don't have any real answers ... please let me know if you
> discover changes I should insert. --thanks, karl.

OK.  Thanks.

ĸen
--
Truth, in front of her huge walk-in wardrobe, selected black leather
boots with stiletto heels for such a barefaced truth.